Thursday, October 28, 2010

inviting the monster over for tea

I have a lot of books. Boxes and boxes of them that have taken refuge in my closet and under my bed and in any nook and cranny I can find. My bookshelf is practically groaning with the weight of the books currently residing on it, so I had to get creative with my book stashing. Here are some good ones to read [for lack of anything better to write about]:

Holly Black:
Tithe
Ironside

Cassandra Clare:
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass

John Green:
Paper Towns
Looking for Alaska

Libba Bray:
A Great and Terrible Beauty
Rebel Angels
The Sweet, Far Thing

Rachel Cohn:
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

J.M. Barrie:
Peter Pan

Charlotte Perkins-Gilman:
The Yellow Wallpaper

Anthony Burgess:
A Clockwork Orange

Stephen Chbosky:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Sylvia Plath:
The Bell Jar

Diana Wynn Jones:
Howl's Moving Castle

Augusten Burroughs:
Running With Scossors
Dry

Janet Finch:
White Oleander

Peter S. Beagle:
The Last Unicorn

William Goldman:
The Princess Bride

Vladamir Nabakov:
Lolita


William Golding:
Lord of the Flies

Scott F. Fitzgerald:
The Great Gatsby

J.D. Salinger:
Catcher in the Rye

Bret Easton Ellis:
American Psycho

Jack Kerouac:
On the Road

Bram Stoker:
Dracula

No comments:

Post a Comment